Maths is a high status, core National Curriculum (2014) subject
that equips children with vital skills
they will use throughout their everyday lives.
At St Patrick's, we recognise the high curriculum value
that needs to be afforded to Maths and we encourage the children to develop mathematical ways of thinking; to reason logically;
to solve problems and to think in more abstract ways.
We aim to:
1) maintain high expectations in Maths from Nursery to Year 6
2) encourage children to be enthusiastic learners
3) develop investigative and problem solving skills
4) encourage children to apply their mathematical skills in practical and meaningful contexts
5) measure achievement through regular formal and informal assessments and testing
(as well as children's own daily self-evaluation)
Continue to explore, by opening the following links,
to find out more about how the children learn in Maths in the different areas of our school.