Welcome to the Saint Patrick’s Sports Council.
These are the wonderful children who help to organise many sporting events throughout the school year, along with discussing the ways in which we can improve P.E. and school sport.
At Saint Patrick’s, we want all our pupils to have the best possible experience from their sports and P.E lessons, therefore we continue to appoint a School Sports Council to help make decisions alongside the teachers, to maintain a positive attitude towards P.E and school sport. Children who want to be a part of the Sports Council have to complete the application form and are then democratically selected by children from their year group. This is a fantastic opportunity for the pupils to further their leadership skills and take some ownership for P.E and school sport at Saint Patrick’s. Pupils will be helped every step of the way with their role and new sports councillors will be appointed each academic year (during the Summer term). We will be electing one councillor from Year 3, 4 and 5, and then two children from Year 6.
Pupils will be involved in:
- Helping to organise intra-school competitions;
- Helping to ensure our achievements are shared with the rest of the school;
- Promote an active lifestyle to the rest of the school and lead by example;
- Advise on extra-curricular clubs that they, and children from their year group, would be interested in;
- Be a representative for the rest of the school to put any ideas and opinions forward;
- Attending leadership meetings to develop their skills and share ideas;
- They will help to organise and run Sports Day.