At Saint Patrick’s Catholic Primary School, we use the IPEP Scheme to support our teaching of PE. In accordance with statutory requirements, each weeek we have a PE lesson and time for outdoor games and activities. Our topics, which change each half term, enable us to achieve the different strands of the PE National Curriculum.
2019/2020 Year 4 PE topics:
- Autumn 1 - 'What's my Direction?' - Gymnastics focus;
- Autumn 2 - 'Charlseton' - Dance focus;
- Spring 1 - 'Fielding' - Striking and Fielding focus;
- Spring 2 - 'Dribbling, Movement and Teamwork' - Invasion focus;
- Summer 1 - 'Decisions' - Outdoor focus;
- Summer 2 - 'Record Breaking' - Athletics focus.